Shop Here for Books

Monday 25 June 2012

Firsts and Favourites

Good afternoon,

I thought I'd show you my first attempt at a fondant iced cake today. I'm not gonna lie - I can see faults - particularly the icing was a little thick in places - but I'm learning!



This was a 9" cake for my nephews 4th birthday as he was pirate mad (and still is a little - although it's more dinosaurs now...not looking forward to attempting one of those!)

I also thought I ought to bring up one of my favourite recipes, which is for a lemon drizzle cake - in fact, the recipe I use makes 2!

This is a recipe from Tana Ramsey (that's right - Gordon's wife) and it is delicious.

I do tweak it a little and make the glaze with a bit of bottled lemon juice. I do use a particular brand - but i'm sure any will do.



These are literally fresh out of the oven! Yum...

I have also tried my hand at tiger bread (now known as giraffe bread at Sainsburys!)

Use a basic bread recipe, and after a first prove add a glaze made of rice flour, yeast, oil, sugar and warm water. I got my recipe from The Pink Whisk.


Got to love the smell of fresh bread...

Speak soon.x.






No comments:

Post a Comment