Shop Here for Books

Sunday 3 June 2012

Course - Final Lessons

Hi All,

Just a quick update on what I learnt in the last few lessons of my course.

By far my favourite week was when we had a chance to model heads!


I'm pretty impressed with these! (even if I do say so myself..)

They were actually quite easy to make using fondant with tylo and for the man in the middle, I used a sieve, using fondant that was softened with trex, and pushed it through to make thin strands. I have heard of an icing gun you can buy that does this - but I have an old sieve at home and can use that instead and not pay £15+!

We also had the opportunity to make some more animals...


This frog is a little more realistic than the last one I made!

In week 8 of our course, we studied piping techniques. I don't have any pictures for this week, but we used royal icing, which as I mentioned in my last post, is great for piping. I wouldn't recommend using normal icing sugar as it's far too runny!

Speak Soon

Kim.x.



No comments:

Post a Comment